There is more to Formentera than beaches and relax. If what you like is movement, you can find all sorts of activities. All year round, Formentera is the ideal location to participate in different types of sporting events, either on a personal level or on a competition level.
High and low season –
Depending on the season, you can partake in different sorts of activities. For example in winter, Formentera attracts many Kite-Surf lovers from all over the world; you will also find horse riders enjoying the deserted beaches.
Spring, which generally is accompanied by good weather, is the best time to celebrate different sporting events that attract a great number of athletes.
In the summer season there is sailing, snorkelling, scuba diving, in Formentera you can obtain your PADI and Open Water certification...
If you want to add activities to your vacation: consult us and move!!
- Jogging and walking
- Horse-back riding
- Sailing, optimist and other nautical sports
- Caving, explore Formentera’s caves
- Mountain-bike, BTT
Organized sporting events in Formentera:
- Non Stop Track de BTT, mountain bike with two circuits 50 an 90KM. February
- Formentera All Round Trail (FART). February
- Women’s Race, fundraising race for the Spanish breast cancer association. March
- Farmers Olympics, fundraising Olympics. March
- Cycling rout “Isla de Formentera”, organized by the Grupo Deportivo Espalmador. March
- The annual football tournament in "Alevin" category, organized by SD Formentera. April
- Stage organized by Club Dojo Formentera. April
- Lighthouse to Lighthouse Race and Hike, which runs between the lighthouses of Es Cap and La Mola, through interior and coastal itineraries. April
- Cyclotourist Route, A healthy and easy-going way to visit the island. April
- La vuelta a Formentera en BTT . April.
- Olympic Triathlon Isla de Formentera, only suitable for the true athletes. May
- Half Marathon, this is the event that attracts the most athletes to Formentera , its 21km route it goes from the lighthouse of La Mola until the port of la Savina., and the 8km route goes from San Fernando to the port. May